In this article, you can learn everything you need to know about using IG to develop your business: from account setup to making a successful strategy for your business. More than 25M companies are using IG for the industry worldwide. And every day, more than 200M users visit at least 1 business profile. As Facebook refocuses on joining people with content from friends and family, Instagram has become the new business home (brands). You can achieve real business goals, followers are brand loyal, and the engagement rate is high. Here is everything you know about how to use the Instagram app for business:
GET AN BUSINESS ACCOUNT ON INSTAGRAM
If you have a person on Instagram already with an established following and brand-appropriate content, you might want to convert it to a business account. A business account gives you access to all the features for business. You could also create a brand new business account on Instagram. If your personal account does not accurately represent your brand or does not have an existing personal account, creating a new Instagram business account is the right choice.
HOW TO SET UP AN BUSINESS ACCOUNT ON INSTAGRAM FROM SCRATCH
- Download the Instagram application for Android, iOS, or windows
- Open the application and tap the Sign Up option.
- Tap next by entering your Email address. If you want to connect your Facebook Business page to your Instagram business account, tap logs in with Facebook or make sure to use an admin email address to Sign Up.
- Choose your profile picture, Name, Username, and password, and fill in your profile information. Using the same username on all social media channels makes it easier for followers to find you.
- Tap Done
- You now have a personal account on Instagram.
Now follow the below steps to change your personal Instagram account into a business Instagram account:
HOW TO CONVERT A PERSONAL ACCOUNT ON INSTAGRAM TO A BUSINESS ACCOUNT
- Log into your existing personal account on the Instagram application.
- Tap the profile icon to go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the hamburger icon at the top corner( right side) of the screen and then tap Settings
- Tap the “switch to business profile” ou c option, then continue
- If you want to connect your IG business account and Facebook business page, follow the prompts to do so.
- Add contact information: your business account on Instagram must include a physical address, a phone number, and an email address or all of these.
- And tap Done
CREATING A WINNING STRATERGY FOR INSTAGRAM: TARGET AUDIENCE DEFINING
You need to think about who is going to see your content before you decide what kind of content to post on Instagram. The majority of Instagram users are under 35 years old, with a fairly close split between female and male users. The US has the largest number of users on this platform, closely followed by Inda, Brazil, and Indonesia. Defining your target market is one of the most important sections of your Instagram marketing strategy for any marketing tool.
- Create a clear value statement for your business
- Do some competitor research
- To find who follow you on other social media channel, check the analytics on your other social media network channels
- Determine who buys from you already
Think about what content the audience wants to see from you once you understand your target audience.
Effective goals on Instagram follow the SMART framework. SMART means Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. As you build your presence on Instagram, it is okay to have goals on metrics like comments, likes, and followers. Buying automatic Instagram likes will get you a high engagement rate. Your goals should align to one of the four stages: they are Customer, Conversion, Engagement, Awareness.